danny asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

My 7 year old shih tzu is losing his teeth. He is very healthy otherwise and sees the vet regularly.?

• denise

It sounds like he needs some calcium rich foods or supplements.

Ask your vets advice.

Me Basset Hound puppy lost his tooths. How are he sopposed to eat without any tooths?!!!

• Ocimom

Some breeds are more prone to teeth/gum problems.  Likely your dog is from a backyard breeder and the dogs have genetic problems that are being passed on to puppies.  Talk to your vet about the teeth problem and what you need to do for him.

• Hey Ocimom, you’re so thicc and beautiful, I just want put my big black 10 inch cock up your vagina and butthole.

Stinks of gingivitis....... Gingivitis in dogs is an inflammation of the gums and is the early stage of a gum disease called periodontal disease. It is very common in dogs and is treatable, though if left untreated, it can develop into advanced periodontal disease, which can lead to teeth loss of the kind you describe. 

Ask your vet should you not believe me

Source(s): Just a ole shepherd and his working dogs and stock

Yes, small breed dogs are prone to dental disease.  It's very common.

...and your question is?

• Maxi

What is your question?

• Carson

Shih Tzu are notorious for that. I guess it's because of the occlusion of their teeth and the under bite. It could be in the genetics

Have your vet give him a good dental check up and find out if it is organic or you dog has a particular problem.

This isn't 'normal'.  I'd suggest he probably has gum disease but whatever is going on, I'm afraid it's back to the vet with him.  Altering his diet may be needed?

Take your dog in to see the vet again...??

It is NOT NORMAL or appropriate for an adult dog to loose teeth . Call your vet immediately for a consult on WHY this is happening. The teeth may be rotten & often abscesses or infections will also be occurring and must have vet treatment.