Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 4 weeks ago

How to get motivation?

I need to do laundry and clean my room but i have 0 motivation. How can I get motivated to do things I dont want to do?

• 1 week ago

I always find that watching an episode or two of "Hoarders" gets me very motivated to clean!  There is also a British show on YouTube called "How Clean is your House?"  after a few episodes you will want to run through the streets with a mop bucket and some sponges cleaning everything in your path....lol

One thing I made a resolution about 40 years ago and it's always worked...

STOP PROCRASTINATING 

The washer does the laundry and small loads, low water level wash fast and dry fast.

Getting the washer started...you got one thing done..

Stay on laundry to get it done.

Another resolution years ago...no clutter and everything has a home.

So get rid of or donate...junk, clutter, toys, clothes that dont fit.

I prefer simple and clean.

I got rid of all the dressers the drawers are always messy and hold clutter....small baskets on shelf in closet.

When i clean my room...i basically change wash sheets, vacuum, dust...its always clean

Less is best it keeps it simple.

Now hop up and get it done....so never think of anything twice just do it

• Jerry

Consider that "another job well done and out of the way" is a much more pleasant feeling that "oh how I'm dreading this." Get your chores out of the way, and then you have that great relaxed feeling of accomplishment instead those unpleasant feelings of dread and failure. 

Do  you feel guilty or mad at yourself for not doing these things?   If yes, think how much better you will feel about yourself after you've done them.   It's a built-in reward!