How is it possible for friends to follow me on my anonymous instagram?

I made an instagram account using a fake name. Today I saw a new follower who was an old friend, more of an acquaintance of me when I was in college. I posted only one picture related to that college town. She doesn't know me that well. I can't imagine she still knows my name. She used to be a Facebook friend. Is it possible that Instagram suggested my profile to her? I know privacy I myth on insta and stuff, and my profile is public, but come, why does it go and suggest me like that... I just wanna have an instagram account that is public but where no one knows it's me... ugh. (Btw I don't post pics of me, but I do have a profile pic)

It is possible that Instagram recommended it if they were made with the same email or your real account follows your fake account.

• Daniel

Some how they Figured it out

It could have suggested your name to her because of the email youre using being registered for other accounts. 

• I don't use that email adress for anything else. I hate the internet