Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Am I wrong for wanting to end my relationship?

Interferes with my schedule to see him My boyfriend wants to move our relationship to the next step, but I think we should break up. We been together 3 years, and I'm not happy.  

I don't know what happen. All I know is after I lost my mom everything for me changed. I watched her die, as she lost her battle to cancer. 

My boyfriend in so many ways is amazing, but there is no way I could understand what I was going through. 

Something in me just changed. I think I spent to much making sure he wanted. I just lost myself somehow in everything.

I had a friend I talked too, she is a making me feel horrible. Saying I'm foolish, and he's the best thing that happen to me. I won't find anyone better, and I'm being selfish. 

I really try to just stay busy, and hope work interferes with my schedule to see him. Its feeling like a choir for myself to make plans with him, and I don't feel that happiest around him anymore.

What do I do? Am I being this horrible person?  Am I really that wrong for wanting to end things

I think you might be taking a rushed decision since you are still grieving the loss of your mom.

Grieving process is tough and can make us take bad decisions, so I suggest you to first talk a counselor/therapist/grief counselor. You need professional help and right now, the last thing you need is grieving also about a relationship.

Talk to your bf and ask him some space. Tell him you can't move the relationship to the next step bc you are not in a good place for it mentally speaking and get professional help.

If this relationship is not making you happy, then break up. You should never give everything over to another person (you have your life to live too!), and it seems that's what this guy is asking you to do. Break free and live your own life. Don't listen to that so-called 'friend'. It seems she doesn't really know who you are, nor realizes that relationships are meant to be reciprocal - and not one person giving over everything they are for the other person. Be happy and free to live your life.

Hi There,

Thank you for sharing, what a heartfelt story :-) I am sure your mum is watching over and guiding you at present.

There is nothing selfish about doing what makes you happy and not all relationships are supposed to last a lifetime. It sounds as though this one has run its course and the selfish thing would be to stay and pretend that you want to be with him. let him go so that you can both be free to discover who you truly are.

The longer you remain anywhere that you are not fulfilled is the longer that you literally block your own blessings from coming in. Trust your intuition it is your personal guide for a reason.

I wish you all the best!

VG