Can I install a gas wall oven to run on bottled gas?

Probably but "bottled gas" (at least in my area), is usually propane which burns over twice as hot as natural gas. The oven must be specifically set to accept the hotter fuel. Local codes to do so are also a condsideration that should to be looked into.

• KLB

no way, this is not safe or legal.

Yes, it is done all the time in areas where there is no mains supply. Most appliances can be converted to lpg. For most people the difficulties arise in being able to find a suitable location for the gas bottles or tank. The last installation I did (in a basement) involved an explosion-proof fan permanently connected to an uninterruptable power supply running 24/7 which does not come cheap.

yes, but. the "but" part is that the oven is designed to run on piped in natural gas [mostly methane] and may require modification to the burners/jets in order to efficiently run on "bottled gas" -- which, chemically, is a different product [it is mostly not methane].

Yes you can as long as the gas storage is outside of the building. You can buy an oven ready for propane (or butane) or you have have the supply at the oven modified to run on propane or butane.  Both of these gases require more air than a natural gas burner. That is the reason for need to make a modification.

• GTB

I assume you mean on propane gas. Most gas ovens and stoves and stove tops have, at each gas valve, an orifice that is designed for either natural gas or propane and the orifice can be swapped out so you can convert from one fuel to the other. I suspect your oven has this. You MUST swap it out from natural gas to propane if you change from natural gas fuel to propane fuel (or vice versa if you are going from propane to natural gas).