Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Will it only get worse if I stay?

We have been together for 7 years.

We have no kids.

For the last 2 I have been the one earning the money while he stays at home, occasionally they get a part time job but only when they want to buy something as I selfishly use all the money I earn on the rent, household bills, food and replacements for things they are their "friends" break.

I have a decent job but there is very little left of my paycheck after the nessesistiies  are paid.

They keep inviting random people they find back to the house for social gathering.

Often when these people come around they drink and stuff end up broken.

We have had multiple arguments about this, gone to counselling where they claim they will get better, but after a year I am starting to question if things will ever get better.

You may want to clarify who "they" are. Is this a husband or a boyfriend, or a wife or girlfriend?  At any rate, they need to go. They are taking advantage of you. You are allowing them to take advantage and you need to make it stop. If not, you need to move on because this isn't working is it ?

You start off talking about your husband but then it turns into they, who are they? things won't get better as long as you continue doing what you are doing, move on.

• Chanel

Things will not get better cos he is taking you for granted.

It would be best to end this relationship.

• Foofa

Assume they won't and plan your life accordingly.

Well, it seems to me your relationship is more like Mommy and Child than anything else. Who invites a bunch of party people to their house when they are in an "adult" relationship? That's crazy.

And he's not a man... he's a child and you're supporting hisDumbAss. He needs to move back home to his real mommy. You can do better than this. It's not going to get better.

Guys these days aren't real men. REAL MEN are providers and protectors, not children in a man's body.

Somehow i wonder if too many female hormones got into the water and it's turned many males into big, fatPussies.

• Alan H

Sorry, but you are just being used to provide free accommodation, presumably with ready sex as a bonus

Time to move on.........he won't

The situation you're in isn't getting better; if anything it's getting more entrenched. Tell this very lazy man to get out of your house (you're paying the rent, utilities, etc and I guess it's in your name), and if he doesn't go, pack up everything and leave. If he wants to continue living there, he'll have to pay for it himself. Be free of him.

• Eva

Kick his lazy butt to the curb. He has no reason to change because you supply everything he needs You've tried. It hasn't worked. It's time for you to end this relationship.

Who is they. Are you in a polyamorous relationship. Maybe that’s the problem. Every time you bring in an extra person, it gets a lot more complicated. The dynamics changes.