What time should lunch be?

So I’m babysitting my sister kids all week and I’m putting them on a schedule I get up at around 7:30 get in a shower and then make them breakfast and then I get them up , they eat, and then brush their teeth, I want them to nap around 2 and they take a hour nap , now I’m not sure if lunch is supposed to be before nap time or after also they are 4 and 2 and they don’t know their abc’s so I was thinking I could get them some learning books to teach them 

Lunch time should be no later than noon and here's why-

1) At that age (2,4), they are fussy eaters, and they may put up a fight when it comes to eating, things such as trying to avoid eating just to spite you, not liking what's in front of them etc. You want to serve lunch ideally at noon, because it gives you time to deal with any poor behaviour, and them time to eat/digest their food before their nap.

2) Kind of relates to #1, but they will need time to digest their food before you put them down for a nap. If you feed them at noon, and they're done at around 12:30, that gives their bodies 90 minutes to digest!

Also, I think you getting them a book on the alphabet is a good thing, espically the oldest one who will be entering school in the fall, she will need to learn this real quick if she hopes to be successful.

Source(s): I have 4 nieces and nephews.

Lunch time should be sometime in the morning.

Lunch before the nap.

If you give lunch after the nap - it would be too close to dinner time and they wouldn't want to eat their dinner.

Also, based on the time for breakfast - waiting until after the nap is too long until the next meal.  

Honey, you are in for a shock if you think you will get them to take a nap as they are kids and will be running wild all day but if you are lucky they get lunch before the nap but ask your sister as she is the mum and decides what her kids will do, be prepared to play games, draw and paint all day long, you might be lucky to get them to sit while you read them a story or watch kids tv for an hour, Good Luck

Source(s): Mum & Grandma

Update - based on your past question you should not be in charge of children. It isn't safe.

"Why can’t I remember things ?I’m 19 so I should remember a lot things but I can’t I’ve been having trouble remember small stuff like what I did a couple of days ago"

You do not make up a schedule for them. You talk to your sister and follow her schedule. You are kidding yourself if you think you can just write down they will nap at 2 for an hour. These kids are not your children, they are going to have their usual life interrupted and this is going to cause them to be upset. It will take a few days or maybe even a week for them to get use to you.

Talk to your sister, follow their usual routine and be ready for a lot of tears.

Source(s): worked with children for 30yrs

A smart babysitter would ask the parent's not random online strangers.😉

• y

You can want anything you wish, the schedule should mimic what they already have, so your sister. Should be the one giving you a rough outline.

The four year old is capable of learning, even reading, if they have been properly conditioned and taught. The gap between 2 and 4  means they will not be even close to the same levels and need entirely different types or relating  to them.

• stephanie3 months agoReport

I know not all people are the same . My mom worked in a nursing home so when I wasn’t old enough to go to school ,she would take me to work with her and each day all the old people would read to me or teach me my numbers ,colors, and etc and it really helped I could read at an higher level than kids

Little kids need to eat more frequently than adults.   About every three hours give or take. 

Breakfast

Snack

Lunch

Nap

Snack

Dinner

Milk or snack before bedtime

If you feed them breakfast and then don't feed them again until 3:00 PM after their nap, you will have very, very cranky kids and you could even be accused of child neglect.

You may wish to take a basic babysitting or child care class before you take on these duties.  The Red Cross offers one. 

• stephanie3 months agoReport

Ok thanks I did not know that 

What does your sister say?  They're her kids, her schedule.  Does she want you to put them on this schedule, or did you decide that?

• Edna

stephanie, you don't get to decide. They're not your kids; you're just the babysitter. Frankly, with your attitude I wouldn't hire you to even babysit my cat!

• Satan

Lunch is normally about 12:30

• stephanie3 months agoReport

That’s what I thought thanks