Unclogging the most stubborn toilet EVER?

I'm quite the handyman but this has me puzzled. To unclog this toilet I have used a plunger, mop, toilet brush, snaketail, chemicals, soapy liquid, bucket of hot water from a height and even a garden hose.

The toilet sink runs fine to the outside drain, it's just the toilet itself (and I don't dump wetwipes and junk such down it)

Any tips on how to unclog this because I'm tired of going to the supermarket every time I need to... You know....

• hart

may the free fall is negative

• ron h

presumably the snake and hose find a blockage and stop?  just a few inches down, likely in the trap?   Prefer "bellows" toilet plunger but sounds like you're past that.   Google "  Walmart master plumber  " you can get this type at WM, lowes and home depot.   If you've not tried that kind, give it a try for $10  just before you lift the toilet.   If it's in your master bath, consider getting an "ADA compliant" toilet that's a couple of inches higher.  That improvement will help justify the cost of the new toilet.

Maybe something is stuck in the toilet trap.  The only way to check that is to pull the toilet & look.  That happened to me once, my young daughter had flushed a perfume bottle, it went down the toilet but never past the toilet trap, it was stuck.

• Ann

it is possible that someone else flushed something and it is stuck?  A matchbox car?  Leggos?  

if the toilet is old, or your water especially mineral laden, the holes under the rim will get clogged with mineral deposits and this will prevent it from flushing properly.

Yes, this can be remedied -- requires a respirator and good gloves.

What you do is buy muratic acid at the pool supply store and then find a plastic funnel that will fit into the overflow tube inside the tank.

do whatever it takes to empty the toilet. turn water off. flush the toilet to get as mush water as possible out. then, wearing long pants, long sleeves, gloves, and respirator, carefully pour one liter [one quart for you Yanks] of muratic acid into the overflow tube, using the plastic funnel. Let this stand overnight. Then turn water back on and let tank fill. close toilet lid. flush once. After the flush is underway, open toilet lid to observe action.

May require two or even three treatments.

If this is more than you wish to undertake, find a handyman to do it. Do NOT get a plumber -- he will sell you a new toilet, installed, and that's going to cost at least 300 quid [what's that? about 350 usd?]

If course, if you are a tenant, this is landlord's problem, so get him/her/yx on the job right away.

Source(s): granddad

You could try pure detergent. That's worked for me in the past. Other than that, maybe you should called a plumber in.

If it were me, I'd probably take the toilet off the drain and examine/test them separately.

"it's just the toilet itself"

If you're sure about that, a new toilet is probably cheaper than a plumber. 

You may have to call a professional.There may be tree roots that have broken and crawled into the drain pipe.Depending on the age of your house alot of older drain pipes were made of clay.