Was Nixon a racist president?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Stan
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Evidence is pretty plain. He was that soft. pedestrian sort of racist. The kind that only brings it up in polite cocktail parties.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

RM Nixon was born in 1913, graduated from Duke Law in 1937. He was typical for a white person in his time and place, his ideas about race neither mired in the attitudes of the past nor ahead of his time. 

It's dishonest to fault people of the past for having the beliefs and attitudes typical of a the past, unreasonable to expect people of 1950 to have 2020 beliefs and attitudes. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

No, he hated everyone equally.

• The Mikel
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Except Communists, as a house investigator he particulary hated anyone he though was a commie.

• 4 weeks ago

Name one president who was not perceived as racist.  I challenge you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • No, but dims are.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

He was bigoted in some ways.  He made negative comments about Jews, for example, and I wouldn't be surprised if he also made them about black people, though I don't believe he was caught on tape doing so.

Nixon was a product of his era, and he suffered from a lot of insecurity and more than a touch of paranoia.  That sort of person was likely to be prey to stereotypes and bigotry, and he was.

• 4 weeks ago

Was Nixon a racist president?

• Dixie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No. Over causus. Trusted no one. But it's D.C. Who do you trust

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.