promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 3 months ago

I’m dying of heart failure. My family don’t love me so they will probably cremate me?

Is there a way for me to be set up to be buried, to give my body over to the state?

3 Answers

  • 3 months ago

    Have a lawyer draw up a will specifying how you want things done. You get to make the decision, not your family.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    Wait what...?

    If you become an organ donor they will remove your organs. But then if you're left to the state they usually cremate the remains as well...

    You could arrange with a funeral home your plot and burial method, choose a hospital or hospice to die in and make sure to tell them you have end of life plans. They usually inform the funeral home intended on taking care of you. Then they come get you, and bury you as per your request/payment.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

    of course there is. ask your attorney to help you. [PS: you give your remains to a college of medicine for study or anatomy class work, not to the state}

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.