The GOP impeachment strategy is to repeat easily debunkable lies over and over. Why does this work on the Republican base?

Republicans are blatantly lying. They claim that Republicans were excluded from the House hearings. Not true. Every Republican on the impeachment committees was allowed to attend the hearings and cross-examine witnesses. They were even given the same amount of time as Democrats.

Republicans claim the House had to exhaust its judicial remedies before moving to impeach. Wrong. There is no Constitutional requirement to go through the court system prior to filing Articles of Impeachment.

Republicans claim that Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress are not impeachable offenses because they're not crimes. Wrong. Impeachment only requires a majority vote in the House and a 2/3 vote in the Senate. It doesn't matter whether the underlying conduct is a crime or a violation of public trust.

Republicans claim that White House documents & testimony is protected by Executive Privilege. But Trump never asserted Executive Privilege. Why? Because that requires identifying the page number and line number of the documents to be protected, or the testimony to be suppressed. Trump won't do this because identifying those specifics would incriminate him.

The GOP just keeps lying over and over. It has no shame or humility. Does this strategy actually work on the Republican base? Are rank & file conservatives comfortable with the amount of buIIshit coming from Congressional Republicans?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

And here you are repeating lies. The Republicans were only allowed to call witnesses that were approved by Schiff and Nadler. It's why we never heard from the whistle blower or members of Schiff's staff who dealth with him, or from Hunter Biden, etc. Nothing you mention is an impeachable offense.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Simple answer: 'Because they are dupes'.

More complex answer: 'Because they are f**king idiots'.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They rallied at Hillary Clinton for calling them "deplorables"  and look at their behavior yesterday in the senate.

What other word is there, besides  deplorable?   Contemptible, maybe.

11 amendment votes and 11 times they blocked any attempt at a fair trial, and then sit there and claim they are being impartial.  It's a sick joke.

• 4 weeks ago
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not only rank and file Republicans being comfortable to be digesting lies that they know are lies, but the entire GOP Senate is quite happy to be complicit as they sit  listening to Trumps lawyers lie as you spelled out.  They know they are lies, and could object or at least recommend to their own team that they stop lying, but they are all afraid to. Every single one is a coward. Some are good honest people but lack the courage to simply speak the truth to their own team. Its sad and shameful. Humiliating to watch that..I cannot honestly say I am proud of my country as I can see their cowardice plainly right out in the open. They will not speak truth to power.

• 4 weeks ago

Because feel that's how the House Impeached him. Remember, impeachment process started BEFORE his victory. How would you like to be investigated LOOKING for a crime, as opposed to having a committed a crime then investigated? That's not how it's done.

I don't like Trump as a human. I think he's a POS and voted for Johnson. But this "Impeach the M F'er mentality is not how the US does it. If we did, gangs would be obsolete.

• ...Show all comments
    • The Football God
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

"STARTED" is different than "VOTED". Well at least where I'm from. Do you know the difference between a coonass and a jackass? It's the Sabine river.
      Let me re-ask would you ever vote for a Republican?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Lol, listen to this creep, LSP, he has the hots for lying Pencil Neck Schitt.

Schitt continues to lie, every time he opens his ugly pie hole.

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They are in love with Trump. Their false idol can do no wrong. They're like 17 year olds in love with the latest teen heartthrob.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Why are you so stupid.  Why is it so hard for you to understand there is a process through the constitution.  One and for most that you and the dems forget is DUE PROCESS,  INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY>  Yes, this is in the Constitution. 

We have laws not just for certain people for all.   

Lies from dems -  money never went to Ukrainian .   -  They got the money

Shiff is nothing but a liar Oh that is right he jokes -  Everything that comes out of his mouth is fabrication of his story telling.

Don't worry Trump will not be removed and he will win in 2020 

Oh you mean due process is when the House did this :Right to a fair and public trial conducted in a competent manner

Right to be present at the trial

Right to an impartial jury

Right to be heard in one's own defense

Laws must be written so that a reasonable person can understand what is

YEAH they didn't.  So stop getting your panties in a wad.  And realized that your party is the most corrupted party ever.  Your party is NOT for the American people, and YOU should be thinking about that. 

• Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

LSP, blocks people for insulting him.  Look at the hypocrite. Note how he acts. 

• 4 weeks ago

Oh, Trump supporters KNOW they are being lied to.

They just don't care, because most are actually supporters of Russia and the destruction of the US. 

After all, why else would they want to demean everything US like the intelligence services?

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Why don't you ask Adam Schitt for pics of Trump naked? You know you want to see them, don't you? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.