Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Can anyone prove if the RCC has changed the New Testament?

• Paul

Changed it? The Holy Catholic Church CREATED it. The bishops of the Catholic Church, in the mid-4th Century, at the instruction of the Pope, compiled the 73 texts of the Bible after studying, discerning, praying and discussing hundreds of texts for 6 years. And the Church Jesus founded, to which He promised the fullness of God's truth, declares as binding truth that these 73 texts are the inspired Word of God.

• "Collected" might be a better term..From Apostolic Writings 

You have it Backwards...

The Church protected Scripture ...

"B. The Middle Ages

The study of the Scriptures thrived throughout the middle ages, an era in which theology and Biblical studies were considered the "pinnacle of learning" and the "queen of the sciences." During the Middle Ages, 

the Catholic Church preserved and transmitted the Scriptures. It is said that two monks working full-time required four years to transcribe the entire Bible.

Hence, it was due to their incredible value and their desirability as an object to steal that Bibles were sometimes chained down in churches and libraries (as were other books of high value), and not because of a Church conspiracy to keep the Bible from the masses, as some would assert. 

To the contrary, the Church did all in its power to transmit the written word during the Middle Ages as it also helped to preserve Western learning and culture.

Actually, I think the Roman Catholic church has done a pretty good job with what it had. The Bible books were tampered with before they were collected into the Bible, in the second century AD.

There was no such thing as an "immaculate conception" until the mid 1800's when the pope decided that there should be.

• Joe

Rome has no ability to change the Bible. But it does have the ability to teach false doctrines such as Purgatory, Indulgences, Bodily Assumption of Mary, Immaculate Conception of Mary, the Priest as an "alter Christus", Mortal and Venial sins, and many more.

No.  We have copies of the Bible that predate the RCC.

A few generations after Jesus died, some people formed a NEW religion arrrround what He taught, and called it 'Christianity'.

There were no printing presses then. The hand written copies were kept close; and the Romans found a new way to control the peoples: claiming to have a monopoly on God. If you wanted to know God, you had to go through them. Chanting words in the little known language of Latin, the masses followed them like so many sheep to the slaughter. Give them your money if you want forgiveness; they rob widows of their houses.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven.  The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion. There are 26,000 surviving hand written copies of the new testament writings that date to the second century.  They were found in dozens of countries in dozens of languages... and they all matched - word for word.  These hand written copies survived, but the originals didn't... probably worn to peices from handling.The writers of the NT were either eyewitnesses or they were close to the events and did extensive interviews with eyewitnesses.These eyewitnesses went to their deaths because of what they couldn't help speaking about - the life and resurrection of Jesus.Who would go to their death... tortured... for what they knew was a lie?The texts we have today are exactly the same as those second century writings because it's those very writings that Biblical scholars use to make the translations we have in our hands today.  The OT has been verified accurate by the Dead Sea Scrolls.  Language has changed, the message is intact.I am also a living eyewitness to His Glory.  I have had a face-to-face encounter with Jesus.  And I will also go to my death proclaiming these truths - even if I face martyrdom - that would be an honor."I am the way." "I am the door." "I am the gate." Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention.  His kingdom on earth. The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil. Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need. "Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light." Do this and live.. Do it today. Tomorrow may be too late. 

• Papa-G

According to the Vatican’s Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation, adopted in 1965 and quoted in the Catechism of the Catholic Church: “It is not from Sacred Scripture alone that the [Catholic] Church draws her certainty about everything which has been revealed. Therefore both sacred tradition and Sacred Scripture are to be accepted and venerated with the same sense of loyalty and reverence.”

Second Vatican Council decreed: “The sacred Word is a precious instrument in the mighty hand of God for attaining to that unity which the Saviour holds out to all men.” Yet, undermining the unifying value of the Bible, that same Vatican Council stated: “The Church does not draw her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Hence, both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal feelings of devotion and reverence.” And again: “Sacred theology relies on the written Word of God, taken together with sacred Tradition.”

I know that John 8:1-11 are not found in any of the Greek manuscripts. It doesn't mean that the event never happened. It could have been added from Tradition.

• You mean not found in the oldest known Greek manuscripts.  It's in most Greek manuscripts.

Nope. None of the first order documents exist - that we know of. But so much is held in secret in the Vatican, one can only guess. They hide so much evidence that disproves the BuyBull already. Look how little they allow the Shroud to be studied -- but at least it was enough that we are sure, now, that the Shroud is a fraud.