Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

do parents have a right to be mad i lost my virginity?

i’m 17, and i’m graduating in may. my parents found out i lost my virginity and they’re upset but i don’t feel sorry and i don’t know why they’re so angry. it’s my body. this is literally the average age which girls lose it, and i felt like i was ready

I didn’t tell my parents. One of my ex friends who ended up betraying me went and told my parents because she thought it would hurt me. 

Favorite Answer

Your more than old enough to have lost your virginity. Youre almost an adult. Most kids lose theirs at younger and younger ages, I lost mine at 16 and that was considered late. They have no right to be upset

• Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

an adult is 18 years old. She is 17. She is almost an adult

Not really. But, if you had sex with someone 21 or over, that is considered pedophilia and they should be mad about that.

If the person was a fellow teen, 20 or under, then your parents have nothing to be mad at you about and you have nothing to be ashamed of. I lost my virginity a couple of months ago and I'm 19. I felt I was ready. 

I don't think they have a right to be "mad". Parents shouldn't be angry at kids for doing what comes naturally. Shaming someone for having sex isn't the right thing to do.

• Helen

People have the "right" to feel however they want. Feelings are never right or wrong. 

They are entitled to their feelings. You are still their child and it's hard for them to accept that you're growing up.

You are also entitled to your feelings. You are of legal age and you did nothing wrong.

Your parents will get over it in time.

Of course.   Anyone has a right to whatever opinions or emotions no matter how rational or irrational they are. 

This really required a question?

• Amelia1 month agoReport

It did because I genuinely wanted to know other people’s take on the situation. 

did that really require a question? 

probably should have kept quiet

• Amelia1 month agoReport

like i said, they found out. I didn’t tell them. 

They are probably upset because its a sign you are changing and will be leaving the roosts soon. But how did they find out in the first place?