Tyra asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Is this any reason for a mother to hate her child and be angry with her ?

My mom hates me and is always in a rage quarreling about the fact that I do nothing around the house. And all I do is lie in bed all day and be on my laptop. While she has to go to work, come home and slave, do everything for me, like carry me to and from school. She says if she could redo her life she would've never had me. She says I don't have any shame. But I continue to live like this everyday. I wish she would stop being mad at me. 

Favorite Answer

S you are a lazy spoiled brat who wants to continue to be a lazy spoiled brat and doesn't like your mother telling you to do things

She needs to take the lap top and all the electronics away 

i smell a troll and 2 points

i dont think so, maybe you should talk to cps about it, they might be able to put you somewhere else

Both of you are unhappy. I blame your father, I assume he's not in the picture being the provider. If your mother is single she needs to date again 

• Carmen

Is this true? Are their medical reasons why you don't help around the house more? Are you under 18 years old and unable to move out and be in your own place and do as you please then? Because if you are capable regardless of your age and in your parents home you should honor and cherish them as well as show respect love and want to help out in anyway possible it's your job if applicable because they took care of you and still are a lazy person never prospers in life or be as successful as they should be if you want her not to be mad at you give her valid reason not to be. Pray to be a better person a better son or daughter.

• Eva

She has a point. There's no reason you can't help do chores around the house. Learn to do laundry, vacuum, dust, and cook simple meals and/or do the dishes.

You said yourself that you dont do anything to support the effort of housekeeping. What do you expect her to say?

She doesn’t hate you but she hates what you do.

Seeing ones child not live up to their potential is extremely aggravating to a parent .

Taking advantage of your parents by doing nothing is something that will not go well.  Everyone has limits your parents are no different. 

A parent will always love their child they will hate somethings they do or don’t do. 

You know what you have to do. If your looking for sympathy on your lifestyle I am not your person. 

EDIT: why the downvote? I’m agreeing with you.

I think it’s fairly common for parents to experience feelings of resentment toward the imbalanced relationship inherent with having children, but it’s absolutely, and I mean absolutely, inappropriate for a parent to ever say to their child that they regret ever having them. Maybe you don’t fully pull your weight around the house, and you should fix that, but her responses to you are inappropriate and trashy.