Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 4 weeks ago

Is it an ominous sigh,at a recent wedding reception the groom made a 20 minute speech, and did not mention the name of his new bride once?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends whether he mentions the bride (eg 'my bride', rather than by name) or not. But 20 minutes is generally way too long

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I don't know why it would be ominous either but sad none the less. Did something happen...

• 4 weeks ago

I've never heard of either a twenty minute speech on such an occasion , nor the not mentioning his new bride's name. Ominous might be too strong a description, but weird, yes! 

• 4 weeks ago

No. People sometimes get drunk. Nervous. Scared. And it is usually weddings, funerals, baptisms, Holiday, Family reunions, when people act "inappropriately" and lose their minds and manners. Part of any successful marriage is learning to love instead of judge. It's helpful when friends and family learn that too.

What was the speech about? That might count! If it took him 20 minutes to name all the girlfriends that he'll miss? Might be an ominous sign.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Someone who rambles on and on for 20 minutes obviously isn't much encumbered by any thought process. If his brain was working right, he'd have kept it down to 60 seconds of less. So don't be reading a lot into it. 

• Steve
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

I'll go with it won't

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.