Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 4 weeks ago

Is it an ominous sigh,at a recent wedding reception the groom made a 20 minute speech, and did not mention the name of his new bride once?

Favorite Answer

Depends whether he mentions the bride (eg 'my bride', rather than by name) or not. But 20 minutes is generally way too long

I don't know why it would be ominous either but sad none the less. Did something happen...

I've never heard of either a twenty minute speech on such an occasion , nor the not mentioning his new bride's name. Ominous might be too strong a description, but weird, yes! 

No. People sometimes get drunk. Nervous. Scared. And it is usually weddings, funerals, baptisms, Holiday, Family reunions, when people act "inappropriately" and lose their minds and manners. Part of any successful marriage is learning to love instead of judge. It's helpful when friends and family learn that too.

What was the speech about? That might count! If it took him 20 minutes to name all the girlfriends that he'll miss? Might be an ominous sign.

• Jerry

Someone who rambles on and on for 20 minutes obviously isn't much encumbered by any thought process. If his brain was working right, he'd have kept it down to 60 seconds of less. So don't be reading a lot into it. 

• Steve

I'll go with it won't