How to get rid of aphids on my red current bush.?

Ideally something natural that would not end up harming bees, ants etc. Any essential oils maybe like cedarwood or garlic?

catch and put a bunch of Ladybugs on it and or Praying Mantis and walking sticks,, they will eat em.

Have you tried spraying them with water and washing them off? It actually works.

• KLB

I keep aphids away from my roses by having marigolds near them. Aphids HATE the smell of marigolds, and stay away. It amazed me the first time i did this!

• Mr. P

Just use a hose and wash them off with a strong jet of water. 

I started having a problem on lettuces, so I planted a lot of flowers that attract ladybirds. I also bundled up old rosebay willowherb stems into small bundles (the stems are hollow) to act as places to overwinter.

Now I have a lot of ladybirds each year - and no aphids!

Last year I grew sunflowers, and on each and every one there was one ladybird on sentry duty.

There are also some beetles and lacewings that eat them - so recognise which are the good guys.

I thought my Holly was being attacked as there were little cocoons in some leaves - but it was the ladybirds and did no harm to the holly.

Soapy water works well on killing aphids. Just add a squeeze of dish detergent in a bucket of water and drench the plant where the aphids are.

• You can drown them using soap and water.  Rub it in well, then use a hose to wash them off.

Use neem oil :)

• Satan

2 methods

1) Insecticide - various, none are really nice

2) Introduce ladbybugs - they gorge on aphids - in turn, they're fed on by birds

• Bob

Lady bugs........