Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Is it true, most white men do not like to date/ get into a relationship, marry women outside their race?

I'm mixed race white and south asian.

My brother says that I can't be with a white guy or that it would be very difficult because I don't look white enough. And that it would be easy to be with a black guy.

I myself would actually just be with someone of any race that I would actually fancy, have feelings for and be in love with.

But it bothered me. Is it true that most white men do not like women who do not look white/ caucasian? Is the world still this race obsessed to this degree? In 2020?

• K8

Reread your question.  You ask about race obsession while being race obsessed.

Most people spend no time in their lives thinking about race.  Most of us could care less what color someone's skin is.  Just be yourself and quit overthinking and obsessing about your skin color.  

People can't be put effectively into categories, other then skin color categories, based on skin colors.  It doesn't work well to say all white men are so and so or that all black women are so and so.  No matter the skin color we are all individuals and unique.  So be you...

That’s what I think too but I’m not really sure.

• DK52

Huh. Well if it were true, seriously doubt we'd have so very many mixed nationalities on this planet.

Some folks still stick with the whole same race thing. Personally I see nothing wrong with dating between different ethnicities provided the attraction and love factors are still genuinely present.

• Jess C

I've dated outside of my race, they didn't seem to mind...