Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Is Flirting Harmless Fun?

• Steve

It's great when everybody's SINGLE. I don't want no girls who have SO's to annoy the hell outa me by their SHAMEFUL acts.

• Jerry

If it's NOT harmless and NOT fun, then it isn't flirting. It's something else, something like seduction, wooing, declaration of affection. Flirting is like giving complements except more so. "You look like fashion model! As usual!" is flirting. You can say it in front of the person's sweetheart. You can say it in front of your own sweetheart. Saying something you CAN'T say in front of the sweeties, something like "Let's me and you get together" or "Those pants would look great on the floor next to mine" -- that's NOT flirting. It's not harmless and it sure wouldn't be "fun" if your sneaky remarks became known. 

If the people involved were married or attached, then I've always believed it was harmless as long as the flirting wasn't sexual and suggestive in nature.

Flirting is fun for many people and seems harmless but not for the partner of the flirt unless he or she enjoys flirting too. Flirting is fabulous fun, when you are the flirt, but not so much fun when your partner is the flirt. Flirting initiates potential sexual relationships.

Is flirting harmless? | North Brisbane Psychologistsnorthbrisbanepsychologists.com.au/is-flirting-harmless/