Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

Why is there not a bribery charge against Donald Trump, if that is what he is actually accused of? It seems strange?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • xyzzy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

When the Democrats did their focus groups prior to moving on impeachment they found bribery did not poll well, so they decided to use things that seemed to poll better.

• Login to reply the answers
  • don
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

For the same reason he is not charged with "collusion" "blackmail" "obstruction of justice"or any of the other bullshyt the democreeps have dreamed up and lied about for the past 3 years.THEY KNOW HE IS INNOCENT.THEY KNOW THEY HAVE NO PROOF !

• 4 weeks ago

Bribery would be a specific CRIMINAL charge - this is a political action, and Abuse of power can include a lot more (and I believe one of the main things the concern was when the constitution was written - I doubt crime the way you are likely thinking, as at the time, criminal code had NOT been established yet, therefore no cement foundation of what would be a crime, other than common sense.).

Yes Bribery is what sparked it, but Rump has abused his power in a lot more was than that, not all are actual crimes, but still abuse, still what NO ONE should want to see, or accept out of POTUS!

As far as I am concerned, this would even include in ANY WAY intimidating or threatening other Rs.

• 4 weeks ago

They are probably waiting until he leaves the presidency. Then any governmental entity (state, federal, local) can pursue all kinds of criminal charges against him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.