promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
adam
Lv 4
adam asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

So any thoughts on if a springer front end was to be used as rear suspension?

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

3rd time, now.....

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Minimal deflection, but then you could not have much with a worm burner frame.

Sparks will fly.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tim D
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Oh for show stuff and to demonstrate a different approach then that could be ideal.

• 2 months ago

Great. How about front wheel drive too.

• ...Show all comments
    • I mentioned this but I was blocked. Rokons are now worth some $ due to unique front drive.  I know a bro off Houghton rd, has one as well as  Esso And Sinclair gas pumps, all in neatly landscaped islands  in front of house.

• 2 months ago

Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy. Roadrunner and Bullwinkle would approve. It's cool how the guide rods jam into the tire. The builder's a jeanyus.

• Anon
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

No, you see   the stationary and swinging forks of the L side of it. Those arent  pins ready to poke tire. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ummm...  It will compress under load from the motor...  If it actually worked.  Assuming it is welded up and rigid and just for show.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This is the second time you asked this question and I still don't care

• 2 months ago

There are different forces on the rear tire than on the front. The front springer is basically a spring shock absorber designed to soften the forces that are present on the front wheel as it moves forward on the road. The rear wheel is a follower and it sees different forces. Mostly up and down forces. You could use springs in a vertical application, but typically one uses the newer liquid filled shock absorbers to do that job. If you want the look, then installing spring overs onto the shock absorbers would accomplish that look.

• ...Show all comments
    • adam
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Weirdest thing I have is a rigid front end , solid tubes no shocks . Going on ironhead Im building

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.