Do you feel Temple Grandin would have been successful if she were not autistic?

In my opinion, I feel like she still would have been successful, but I don't know how her autism gives her an advantage. Highly appreciated if someone gives me a reasonable answer and especially if you have seen the HBO movie. 

Temple Grandin is an expert in the field of animal husbandry and control, Nikki. She has a PhD in the subject, and is nationally recognized by many different animal welfare organizations, including the Humane Society and the ASPCA. If that isn't your definition of success, I don't know what is. Autism is a barrier to success only if people make it into one.

I haven't seen the movie but I've read one of her books. She has a PhD she is the USA's most expert designer of humane facilities for livestock animals. So if you mean is she only successful because people are impressed by her autism the answer is clearly no.

I believe she says her autism gives her an advantage because she can see in pictures very well and because her sensory problems gave her ideas about why animals became scared and panic and this led her to become an expert regarding how to treat animals more humanely on farms and thereby reduce problems farmers and those breeding cattle were dealing with regarding panicing animals. 

Yes, I think she would have been successful. Autism makes things much harder, not easier. People succeed in spite of it, not because of it.

• mokrie

Yes she would have been successful but probably in a different field. Her autism enabled her to see in patterns and in detail most would miss. If she never had autism she would merely have gone into different fields and may have been a teacher, an artist or a writer or something that does not involve dissecting things like cow chutes.