Is this woman a psycho or did I do something wrong?

I was sitting in my parked car for 5 minutes in a neighborhood court. I was texting my friends so I had my head down the whole time.

I noticed it was starting to get dark and in my rearview mirror I saw a car leave its driveway so I turned on my headlights (which also turned on my brake lights) so the driver would see my car and not accidentally hit me in the dark.  I heard a loud honk and noticed the same car that left its driveway stop next to my parked car. I made eye contact with the driver who looked very angry.I didn't know where my keys were at the very second to put my windows down so I opened my door with seatbelt on. I don’t look threatening since I'm a white female in my early 20's.The driver angrily stared at me and I stared back at her with a poker face for a solid 5 seconds. She was in her 40’s and drove a minivan. She said that I was standing in the same spot for a while in a court. I asked her if I was blocking her driveway (I knew I wasn’t). She asked “Can I help you?” I told her I was texting on my phone. She said that cars standing in courts are not welcome. Then I said “Okay, I’ll leave.” As soon as I said that she quickly put her car in reverse and immediately parked her car behind mine. I turned on my car and was leaving the court. In my rearview mirror, I noticed she was following me. When I turned to exit out of the court she stopped following me. What a psycho… did I really do something wrong? I was just minding my own business texting on my phone.

Update:

FYI: I didn't park in front of anyone's home since that would be creepy.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

🥴 No, dear.

This happens EVERYWHERE.

Tenants or residents get nervous when suspicious cars are parked in front of their homes. Or... they're irritated because they believe those free spaces belong to them if they have extra cars.

😄 1 time, my sister and I drove to the back of our block. So mind you, we lived in a dodgy or ghetto neighborhood. We needed to smoke and couldn't in our house or anywhere on the property.

So anyway, we park somewhere on the street on the dividing line between 2 houses so we could leave 2 free spaces in front of both houses. 🤣

1 man was hanging out on his porch. He came out, walked all the way to our car (mind you these were big yards). He looked at us to see what we were doing, then he left. 🤣🤣

It makes people nervous and unhinged when strangers park in front of their houses. But no... it's not illegal. It just irritates them like their safe space is being invaded or they think you're planning to rob them.

I know. 🥴 Because we think the same.

Source(s): 🤦‍♀️ Besides I have the same experiences as the one parked and as the tenant. 😄 It's just funny you mentioned it.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i dont think you did anything wrong

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

you looked suspicious--people don't generally park in courts--they don't just sit there in their car--she probably parked behind you to copy your license number because you looked very suspicious.  Funny that you think you are exempt from suspicion because you are white....out of place is out of place.

• 4 weeks ago

I had a friend looking for my house one time, and she pulled over and called me because she was lost. As I was giving her directions on the phone, a man approached her car yelling at her to leave and not to park in front of his house. She said he came up and asked her who she was. She said she was lost and he did not care.  She said he seemed very paranoid and his anger scared her so she drove off.

I have people parked in front of my house all the time because I live by a hospital so a lot of times they are nurses.  Other times, there have been crackheads drug dealing and sitting in front of my house. I will look at them and keep my eye on them, and have my dogs bark at them from the front door so they will leave.  They usually leave within minutes because they are afraid the dog will bite them. If I saw someone sitting in their car for 5 minutes like you did, I wouldn't do anything.  If you sat there overnight, then in the morning I would be annoyed and call the police.  I've had to before when a couple was sleeping in their van for 2 nights in front of my house.  So I really think she was paranoid, aggressive, and overreacting.  She didn't have to follow (chase) you out like that.  You did nothing illegal.  She was a bit harassing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

What this basically boils down to is you were a suspicious individual in a place where you didn't belong, even though you were innocently texting and hurting nobody. But there are people who are protective of their neighborhood and don't like strangers hanging around. Certainly you can understand that?

I wouldn't take what happens personally, as this woman was just trying to protect her neighborhood.

• Okay, I see what you mean... it's all about perception rather than intention. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you were parked in my "court" for a long period of time, I would've called the police.  It doesn't matter if you looked "threatening" or not.  Find a more appropriate place to text, like at home.

• 4 weeks ago

No one is really guilty here, it is more an issue of lack of empathy for each other. While you may see yourself as harmless because of your age sex and race, a mother (and homeowner) doesn't.  You are no different from anyone else when it comes to the protection of her home and family.  You may call her a psycho today, but 15 years from now you will think back on her as a hero.  It can be funny how perspective changes over time.

• That was really deep... yeah it's all about perspectives. 

• 4 weeks ago

She probably thought you were secretly masturbating - many people do it in cars.

• Mini
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

She seems paranoid about something. Maybe she was hiding something...we will never know. She was not disguising her mental health issues though. 

• Petter
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Clear psycho, just forget about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.