Will my account be terminated?

Hey guys so long story short, I was on a dating app and I signed for a free trial. I used the same email and password that’s on my Chase account. Someone deposited 5 checks of $200 to my Student Checking through the online banking app, and once I noticed the transactions, I called Chase to notify them and to cancel my account immediately. Today, I got a new one at the branch and the lady said that there will be an investigation going on to see who deposited the checks (which obviously wasn’t me) and my account might get terminated. What do you guys think?

Sounds like a Kiting scheme to me and if you have initiated this crap you will have the account closed.

No you closed the account because you were scared to death the checks would be rescinded BEFORE you could get your hands on those funds!

You are an idiot. I hope you did not spend the money.

They will probably want to charge you for the fake deposits too.  Up to $39 each. If you refuse to pay they will close your account and report you to chexsystems. Then you will be unable to open another checking account for 7 years. 

See why giving your log in information to scammers is not a good idea?

If they let it slide, consider it a warning.