Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 3 months ago

High school?

I’m a Freshman taking geometry and I have a D will I have to retake the class next year or take summer school to replace the grade? or is a D considered passing (LBUSD district)

I have a D as a final first semester grade. 

• drip

At the high school level a D is a passing grade.

You need to check with your HS and school district for their policies if you are required to retake the class or if you even have an option to retake it 

Summer school for you.

In most schools, D is a failing grade, you need at least a 75 to pass. Some tips on Geometry:

Don't memorize theorems and postulates day and night, you won't memorize them effectively. Try to make sense of the word like alternate interior angles means the angles on 2 opposite sides of parallel lines, are on the inside and is equal. Proofs is mostly logic and the big tip is to see what things are the same and what can you prove using theorms.