saggy asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

my girl dog has so the vet says has congestive heart failure with a cough ,but he has said that for 10 years ?

so i put her on the meds they like to have killed her,i took off them and put her cdb oil she is like a new pup but she has the cough bad sometimes ,when she gets upset barking at people or dogs,i have her on a breathing machine 2 times aday it helps but  can anyone reccomend a natural alternative vitamin or such to help with the cough thanks

• Amber

Heard a lot of good thing about cbd oil so might try it for my dog.

Nothing will cure this cough as it's caused by fluid she/he needs meds for it. My dog has the same thing, but on a much lesser scale.

• Maxi

Fluid congestion (a buildup of fluid in the lungs) is common with heart failure, and is the reason why vets  refer to it as "congestive heart failure" (CHF). This congestion can make your dog wheeze and cough.

Read it so you understand why /what you should do https://vetmed.tufts.edu/heartsmart/management/cou... vitamins do not help coughs, it is likely to need  furosemide for a worsening cough...speak to your vet

• PR

If the dog is overweight, try reducing her calories. Try a different vet, and then you will need to thoroughly research: alternative treatments heart failure in dogs.

Many times this develops due to high blood pressure, which will occur with obesity. Find supplements that will strengthen the heart. I would also consult with a different vet, just in case they have other ideas on prognosis, and treatment.