Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

My wife got pregnant by another man and people think I should leave her but shouldn't I give her a 2nd chance?

I love her so much

.... You are so pure. Well, if you think you can trust her after all this, and you can deal with another man's child calling you daddy then do what you feel is best. 

And while I admire your ability to forgive,  I also want you to keep in mind that there's a chance that the biological father will want to be part of the baby's life and you'll have to deal with that. 

If you're sure you can get past all that, then I at least hope you're happy with whatever your decision is

• ?

Wow. Thats very forgiving of you. 

If you love your wife and are willing to accept another man's child as your own and have accepted the fact that she's been with another I see no reason why you shouldn't give her a 2nd chance. Its entirely your call and don't worry about what others think.

Another chance for what, to hurt you and cheat on you or just show that she suddenly loves you so much that she won't cheat?

The bigger question is, are you going to raise another man's baby? And for how long are you going to do that while still keeping your wife happy and prevent her from bed hopping? There is love and there is Stupid Love. What kind of love Do you have or the better question is what kind of love does your wife have?

If my wife cheated on me and was pregnant, I would be certain to divorce her before she had the baby because in my state that child would be my responsibility for 18 years. I don't think your marriage is going to last another 18 years, mine certainly wouldn't under these circumstances.

• MissA

People's marriages certainly have survived adultery. Like any marriage it depends on what you're willing to put up with. Specifically in your case you would have to put up with raising the child of your wife's lover/ex-lover, and you'd have to either work back to trusting her to be faithful or learn to tolerate her not being faithful.

make sure he pays child support

• edward

My wife hasn’t cheated on me since we had the “what am i to you?” Conversation and i’m sorry to hear that. I love my wife in a similar way to you. If she cheats i’ll give her another chance but i have a kid already, not sure if you do. That makes it harder for me to just up and leave her or kick her out. But her cheating this time only makes it easier to do next time (if there is a next time). Time to renew your vows i guess although i wasn’t aware they had an expiration date

If you love her and want to give her another chance then I say go for it. People can change and if she loves you yall will make it work.

Only you can decide that.

Regardless of what you do the kid is yours. Congratulations.