Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why does my big sister call me baby?

I’m a guy and I’m 15 and my sister is 19 and I’m still in high school and she graduated high school when she was 17. She still lives at home with us.

She’s a sophomore at a university.

On school mornings I’m really sleepy and on school morning she wakes me up and I say to her I’m reaally tired or sleepy and she says to me, baby you have to get up

6 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

"Baby" is a common term of endearment that MANY people use. Some people refer to everyone as 'baby'. Some only use that term toward people who are close to them, and some only use it toward their romantic partner. It is not in reference to infantile behavior.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

cause she likes you

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My sister does that to me, i’m 25 and there are two people who call me baby. My sister and my wife

• 1 month ago

That is very normal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JR
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Lol because that’s what big sisters do. Get up shove her out the door then close the door on her face that’s what little brothers do. Stop being so sensitive.

• 1 month ago

she sees you as she did when she was 6. parents do this too but are generally old enough to know better than to call you baby. it's a sign of love/affection. but it only becomes unhealthy if they insist on  treating you like a baby.

i still call my old cat kitty. it was her kitty name and stuck even when she was an adult. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.