pikachu asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Why are kids hitting puberty so late now?

When I was in 9th grade, 1/3 11th grade boys had facial hair, and all had deep voices. Im in 11th now, and like 1/3 boys have high voices, and no signs of puberty

Do you know how math works? If 1/3 had facial hair that means 2/3rd DIDN'T. So no like 1/3 don't, which would mean 2/3rds DO. In the very least there is still an opening for the 1/3 that did when you were in 9th grade. 

At my school even the 9th graders are almost done with puberty lmao, where do you live? I am from US and 10th grade

• ron h
      4 weeks agoReport

I think you meant that by 9th, everyone is well into puberty with very rare exceptions.  9th grade is 14, possibly 15.  14 is the most common age to start shaving and 15 is a very common age for a man to see his first chest hair.  Dix commonly reach full size at 17,

Every boy is different some start puberty early and others start puberty late. 

• Mark

Puberty can START anywhere from 9 - 16 y.o. The vast majority are in the 11 - 13 spectrum, and ending several years later.

• pikachu4 weeks agoReport

It can't start until 12 cmon now

• ron h

WHAT??  You think the world has changed in 2 years? When you were in 9th, there were probably a couple of 11th graders that you noticed who were hairy with very deep voices.  And I have no idea why you'd say that 1/3 of 16  year olds show no sign of puberty.  I'm pretty confident that most of them are shaving at least a couple of time a week and a LOT are shaving daily. If scared mommies hadn't done away with PE showers, you'd know that it's a very rare 11th grader who's not manly looking when he's naked.  Speaking of mommies. they've got us all calling beard, "facial hair."  It's part of removing male references from our language. The corret word is 'beard"

• ron h
      4 weeks agoReport

No, beard is what grows on men's faces. In early years of having beard (starting about 14 or 15 for most of us), it may not look like A BEARD.  You're defining beard as ONLY a dense full-face growth. I think you're wrong on that. A goatee IS a style of beard. "Facial hair" is a feminist term.

they arent so i