Speeding ticket?

Okay so I was picking my girlfriend up from college in lower peninsula Michigan and heading back to the U.P. I got to the mackinaw bridge and got pulled over for doing 50 in a 45 rather he clocked me at 75 slowing down from the highway  and gave me a break, I was doing 50 on the bridge however. Anyways what do I expect for a fine and how will this effect my insurance? It’s my first time getting pulled over in my life I’ve never even received a warning. Also another question, I am 18 is my mother able to get information on my ticket? I’d rather take care of this on my own without her trying to get details on everything. Thank you to whoever has an answer it’s greatly appreciated!

• JR

Go to court ask to speak to the prosecutor. Tell him this is your first ticket and you didn’t feel that you were speeding, you have never sped or gotten any ticket can you work out a deal for no points? Volunteer to go to traffic school in lieu of the ticket or reduced points. The ticket as is will affect your insurance but not much as it’s probably minimal points as only written for 5 over speed.

Just fight the ticket. Claim not guilty, you will then get called into court. For your 1sg speeding ticket the officer will more than likely pull you aside and offer you a plea deal...he"ll lower the speed on the ticket. Which will lower the amount you have to pay as well as help not raise your auto insurance.

• Lv 7

look at the ticket and go to your local law enforcement's website to check the fines.

if they gave you a break then maybe nothing will happen