Banking abroad ?

I’m going to be abroad for maybe a year I heard people say to get 2 separate banks and one that doesn’t charge any foreign fees for travel and to transfer money into the bank for travel expenses I heard about Charles schwab is good but also heard that the limit you can travel is 6 months until you HAVE to make a purchase in USA or they close your account anybody have this bank and know about it ? 

• drip

You live in the USA? Go talk to the bank you have now. Call and make an appointment with a banker.  Tell them you will be out of the country for a year and need to speak to a banker about your account.  

Don’t listen to what people say. Go to your bank and get some facts,

i travelled to uruguay back in aug, i was born there, one of the things you need to do is tell your bank so they dont think someone else is using your card and close it, i would ask your bank about the rest of it