How to remove paint off internal wall?

If I apply warm water to the painted wall then use a scraper will that be enough? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Not enough information   one did not indicate what the INTERNAL wall

consist of   which COULD BE Brick stone wood marble sheet rock plaster  metal  stucco  paper plastic cardboard cork paneling  slate  particle board  plywood  straw  Bamboo  which would be a factor  for consideration

• Login to reply the answers
  • Expat
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

No. It’s best to paint primer over it and then repaint. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Paint will have soaked into the plaster or drywall so you would not be able to remove it without destroying the substrate. If you are determined, you could try using a steamer to remove latex type paint. 

• 4 weeks ago

no chance ..just apply emulsion to your hands ..give it 5 minutes and try to wash it off...the only way is to use a sander ..thats a long ..dirty process ...start scraping and you will need to replaster it 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No that will not and why  do you want to remove it?

Most paint over old paint 

• 4 weeks ago

i would just pay someone to do it

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Need bigger back story. A reason and pictures.(maybe)

Reason WHY.  ARE you RENTING?  is it a TAG?

"EXPLAIN or we will Exterminate. Dalek style"

• Jake4 weeks agoReport

Whether I rent or not shouldn't be of any concern to you. My question is quite simple 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You are not providing ANY useful information. Paint doesn't just come off from water. You are not telling us WHAT TYPE of PAINT...OIL or LATEX as an example. You are not telling us what material it has been applied to....wood, steel, plastic, glass, drywall?

Solvents and HEAT are usually far more useful. And...why remove the paint at all...JUST COVER IT UP with MORE...

• Jake4 weeks agoReport

It is Matt emulation and it's pretty layered so I won't be painting more over it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.