Will I get my acceptance revoked ? ?

So I applied to around 4 universities this year and my junior year I wasn’t concerned with getting accepted as I was predominantly a good student with a B average. I had a few Cs but never failed. Lamentably my senior year has been so difficult as I’ve been faced with a plethora of home life problems as well as issues with my mental health. I was constantly being pulled out of class, and I always had to talk to social workers and police officers. I was always worried about being taken away from my family and found myself not doing well in my classes. I was dealing with the stress of always having to retell my story to the officers. I overall got 3 Bs. 3 Cs and one F. Which sucks *** I know. And I know I’m at risk for getting my applications rescinded. I got accepted into CSUDH but I couldn’t even be happy about it because I know I’m at risk. Do you think I’d get my admission rescinded ? And if so what are the steps I should take to better prevent this ? 

• drip

You could.  Is the class you failed is a required class to graduate or a required class for the university.   Usually they would ask for a letter of explanation.  I would be asking your guidance counselor NOW for a letter of explanation for your grades, you do have a valid excuse.   Possibly even ask the social worker for letter too. 

All college admissions are conditional.  The assumption is that the student in question will basically maintain the GPA they had when they were admitted. If a student's grades drop significantly and or they fail a class (and can't graduate or don't meet an entrance requirement as a result), the university will rescind when they receive the final transcript from the high school showing the change. 

That noted, many universities don't rescind even if they have a valid reason.  Ii seems like CSUDH admits some students with pretty low GPAs and SAT/ACT scores, so you may be okay if your cumulative unweighted GPA doesn't fall bellow 2.8. 

You fix this by getting your grades up.  I know that is harsh, but realistically, what else is there?  You and your guidance counselor should contact the university admissions office and get ahead of this rather than wait until July to hear.  

you need to ask that school this question

• evelyn1 month agoReport

How would I go about asking them ?

This all depends on how badly your cumulative GPA was damaged by your senior grades. If you're still somewhere around the average GPA required for the university, you're still in good standing. However, your mistake was only applying to 4 schools. It's recommended that you apply for 3 safety schools, 3 qualified schools, and 3 reach schools to prepare for unexpected situations like this. 

The average GPA for CSUDH is 3.13, but keep in mind that this means there are students who have one that's lower and one that's higher, so you might be on the lower end. The average SAT score is 900, and the average ACT score is 18. So if the university is contemplating on revoking their offer, they will first take your other qualities (like exam scores and extracurricular activities) into consideration first.  

If you do get revoked, you can always send an appeal and provide some certified documents (like CPS, medical, or counselor papers) to vouch for you. 

• TheUgly1 month agoReport

If your GPA is still above a 3.0, then you have nothing to worry about. You can check by asking your school advisor for a transcript.