Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 4 weeks ago

Could YOU write a song that people would still be paying money for, 50 YEARS from now, like the Beatles did?

These songwriters did it...

--Lennon-McCartney

--Rodgers-Hammerstein

--Dozier-Holland-Dozier

--Brian Wilson

I don't mean some people would still remember it, but people would still be PAYING MONEY for it, 50 years later.

Could you write music that good?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Your list forgot

A.P. Carter

Jimmy Driftwood

Jimmy Rodgers

Stephen Foster

W.C. Handy

• Login to reply the answers
  • Tony B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, I don't believe I could do that.

But what's the point you're making?

• 4 weeks ago

I would love to write a song that radio plays 50 years from now. I don't have to break the bank.

• James
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes, I could.

I would never be able to write as many great songs as The Beatles did. But if it's just ONE song of the same caliber as "Michelle" or "Norwegian Wood," I'm fairly confident that I could do it.

For someone who's not a professional musician, I'm already a pretty good composer. It would just be a matter of writing something with lyrics.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I’m going to say this honestly, as a songwriter, myself. I hope that the lyrics I write about leave an impact on society somehow, whether it be my friends who would support my singer-songwriter career or if I were to become a household name. However, I think the stuff that bands like the Beatles, the Stones, Queen, etc. wrote are some of the best songs ever written. Sure, there were times where they write pretty sh***y songs, but to know their music has lasted 50 years is incredible. Would not be surprised if their music is still looked up to in 150 years or so.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no, im not good at writing anything

• 4 weeks ago

No, I don't have that kind of talent....But it would be great if i could write just one song that people would want to not only listen to it but pay for it as well.....One can dream.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.