Will installing windows 10 stop my pc from crashing?

So, my pc was running on windows 7 and started crashing.   I went through all the routines the internet has to offer.  Updating BIOS, sorting the fans, but, the problems still exist.  My pc shuts down on it's own and crashes.  Will installing windows 10 help this issue and sort it out?  Remembering the updates for windows 7 ceased earlier this year

Prob NOT.. WIN 10 runs non stop updates, uses a lot of memory etc. ITS TIME YOU bought a new comp to keep Microsoft happy for a few more years till they decide its time to make you spend money again and they update again.

I have GREAT computers working which still has WIN XP 32 bit on it. I will NOT use the NEW CRAP FOR MY WORK as it costs to much for new programs.. .

There's really no way to be sure because we don't know what's causing the problems in the first place. As some of the answerers mentioned, it may make the problem worse, or it may mask the problem. There's really no way for anyone to tell you exactly what will happen since we just have no idea what's causing the issue. If it is a hardware problem, no amount of software will help you. You will just need to fix/replace the faulty hardware.

If you know for a fact that it isn't a hardware problem, then I highly recommend performing a clean install of Windows. This way, you know you have a fresh copy of the OS without any underlying problems that are creeping up or that may eventually pop up. It takes a bit more work to setup a clean install system, but the piece of mind is well worth it.

• Enigma

Install Wise Care 365 and do a complete cleaning,then do a defrag. If the problem still exists check your fan to make sure it's running,if not your PC over heats and shuts down to protect itself. If it's not the fan then run the dskchk/f utility thru the command prompt. This might help: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guid...

Either it will, or it will make it worse. If it is a driver problem, or the OS is corrupted, then installing 10 will work, but so would doing a fresh install of 7.  If it is a hardware problem, or you don't have win10 drivers, then upgrading may just cause more crashes.Hard to tell what you mean by tried all the net has to offer, because there is a LOT of things that it could be.  I had something similar, and ended up replacing most of the components and drivers and installs, and I eventually found out that some thermal compound was bridging two pins on the cpu just enough to have it not work periodically.  No one would suggest that as a potential problem because the chances of that happening are stupid small, but that's what it was for me.

It depends upon what's causing the problem.  If it's related to the OS, drivers, or software then the new OS is likely to fix it.  If it's bad hardware then you're unlikely to see a change.  I'd suspect bad RAM - there are free testers you can try to see if this is it.

• George

If the computer is faulty, merely changing the operating system won't make it any different. Take it to a computer shop and ask them to repair the hardware.