promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do you get a new apartment furnished?

The only time I have rented an apartment before it was already furnished. I am not clear, when you move into a new apartment, management told me I have to be in the apartment to get deliveries. If I do not know when the furniture is getting delivered, do I have to sit in the apartment waiting with nothing in it, potentially having to even sleep on the floor with nothing there?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You ask the place that will be delivering it when they are going to come. If they can't tell you the date in advance, then you have them call you when they are ready to go to the apartment, and then you go there. And tell them to wait for you if they get there first.

Make sure to give them your cell phone number. The phones that plug into the wall don't always work right away in a newly rented apartment.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I would tell the companies that I purchase from that I will only be in the home on a certain date between certain hours and that all deliveries must be made within that period of time. Then I would take that day off and make certain that I am there to receive deliveries as scheduled.

• 2 months ago

If there's no furniture, you'll need to arrange furniture.

If this includes deliveries, you'll need to arrange to be there for them.

Until you arrange for furniture, there will be no furniture.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yep, that's how it works.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You arrange the delivery time/day

• 2 months ago

bring a book, blanket and pillow.

• 2 months ago

Do you have a car ? Are there stores where you can buy some furnishings that you then transport home yourself ?

More to the point, if you have no furniture at present, then it's your job to arrange the furniture so that it's there when you need it. That takes pre-planning and it seems that that's not one of your skills.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Furniture stores give you a delivery date with a window of time.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My first purchase after leasing my first apartment (many moons ago) was a chair.  I sat on it in the bus and carried it home.  I was young and strong back then.  You can sit on the chair while you wait.  An alternative would be to rent a truck or find a friend with one - buy the furniture and take it home right after you buy it.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When you buy the furniture, you ask the store when they will deliver it. Most of the time they give you the day - sometimes they'll give you a 2-4 hour window. Or have a friend with a pickup truck help you pick it up. If you get it used, from an individual or thrift store, you will likely have to make your own pickup arrangements.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.