I have a 1997 expedition which is very rusted underneath and has corrosion on power cables. Which big cables do I use to replace?

Now you can learn to do a voltage drop test that will inspect your cables the last time I tried to do that a customer tried to slam my door on my leg they thought I was scamming them they've never seen a voltmeter before because they don't have those in the jungles of West Africa.

• M.
      1 month agoReport

You were checking your own cables and a customer did what? Are cables near a door?

Remove it, take it a car parts store and get the same cables.

If the insulation on the cables is intact, I'd leave it alone. You can wipe them down with a rag and water or something like WD-40 to inspect their condition. You can always wrap them with about three layers of electrical tape if there's a weak spot in the insulation. The corrosion might also have compromised the metal connections the cables are connected to and they might snap off when you put a wrench on them. A minor repair can open up a can of worms if you're not super careful. 

Call a scrap yard and they'll pay you $100 and tow that pile of garbage away.