?
Lv 7
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Do u believe that a system that grants more power to rural voters over other voters is actually "democracy"?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • ctc453
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

The US is not a democracy, has never been a democracy. It's a constitutional republic 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

The australia mafia is afraid of lebaneses mafia .they let them push around aussie kids and and laugh in there faces   

• 4 weeks ago

OK, lets ask China and India who should be POTUS.

That would make it more democratic, wouldn't it?

• 4 weeks ago

The USA is technically a democratically elected republic.  You know, the one that is referenced by the Pledge of Allegiance that contains the line "and to the republic for which it stands..."  That one?

We have NEVER been a democracy.  If you don't realize that, you must have slept through some classes in school.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

seeing as that same system, based on the same principles, also produced things like women's, civil rights, gay rights and numerous other things where the needs of minority voices were respected even over the opposition of the majority vote... I'd say "most definitely"...

sorry that system denied you from getting your way one time and you still haven't gotten over it... the next time you fly, maybe you can ask mom to tell the flight attendant you have a peanut allergy so that you can feel some sense of accomplishment at denying a bunch of folks their snacks...

• 4 weeks ago

All states have 2 Senators.

How do rural voters have more power, BIGOT????

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, the electoral college prevents large states from running over smaller ones. California generated 3 million more votes for Hillary from one state. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, but my white rural cousins are definitely more American and better than me!  Especially in their own heads.  They say pawp instead of soda and voted for Trump to keep abortion out and the prison jobs in.

• 4 weeks ago

No, I don't believe it is a democracy. Each of our states is a democracy, but our federal government is not a democracy. Our founding fathers never intended for our federal system to be a democracy. They instead intended that our nation be a federation of states. That is a fact. If you want our federal government to be a democracy, then you need to get our Constitution amended to suit your preference. So get busy. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, the Senate has always been unrepresentative swill. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.