Makena asked in HealthOther - Health 4 weeks ago

Feeling lightheaded after deep tissue massage?

So today I had an hour deep tissue massage that I loved. The masseuse was rough in the right ways and really seemed to understand my body, but now a couple hours later I am still feeling kind of lightheaded after the massage. I'm not dizzyy or anything, just lightheaded. I also feel very tired. im not having trouble moving or talking or anything and I dont have a headache at all. I've had bloodwork done recently and everything was totally normal, and my blood pressure was great. I didnt eat before the massage because I thought it would give me a stomachache. Could that be causing it? Has anyone else experienced this?

• Marc

Make sure you hydrate well. Most of the time that happens after a massage from dehydration

• k w

I went for a hindi massage, it's Ayurvedic, but I went for the package deal and didn't know to take just one, the 1st one was energizing and amazing, but the next one reversed the 1st, I went from amazed to bummed out, the next didn't change anything...I will go back for just one, if you have one of them places nearby, and wondered about it....you know just to get one, and tip the guy too.......it don't matter what kind of deal, more than one ruins the 1st one............so just take the one, and you are rubbed with an oil, and sand type product, bring a towel or two, to help wipe the stuff off, but you'll be glad you did......