promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
JaNOPE asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

How much weight can I lose in month?

I'm a female teen who is 5'1 and 135 lbs. I plan to lose weight by dieting and exercising. I plan on using the military diet as well as going keto. I plan on eating less than 1,300 calories and burn off 2,000-2,500 a day. I know it differs from person to person, but about how weight am I expected to lose in a month? And would it possible to reach 120 lbs by the end of March?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There are 3,500 calories in a pound, so if you're sticking to your caloric intake and exercise schedule, about 10 pounds a month.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Logan
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You indicate that you will have a 700 to 1200 calorie deficit per day or about  28,500 for the month.  One pound of body fat stores 3500 calories, which implies you will lose 8 pounds.  However, studies have shown that actual weight loss is about half of that, do to the body adapting to the deficit. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A goal of 15 pounds by the end of march is reasonable. That would mean 1.5 pounds weight loss each week. 

If you burn a total of 2000-2500 calories you should not eat less than 1300. Aim for about 1400-1700 calories depending on how many you burn. 

Don't go keto. Its not necessary and its super strict. Not something I would recommend to a teen. I wouldn't recommend the military diet either. Calories are too low for a teen. 

Keep in mind that you need to lose weight in a sustainable way if you want to keep off the weight you lose. Make changes you can stick with for the rest of your life. If you eat a strict diet to lose weight and then go back to eating how you do now you will gain all the weight back and possibly more. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.