Did you like Star Trek Voyager?

It was one of my least favourite Star Trek series, only above Star Trek Discovery. I found the writing unimaginative, with few new ideas, irrational storylines (too high an opinion of the holo doctor for example) and little that made me want to watch it again.

Favorite Answer

Yes. I love all things Star Trek. But that doesn't mean that I can't be critical of it as well. Voyager is a good series, though it also has a ton of problems. I'm not simply talking about Janeway's idiotic decisions, but issues with the writing and continuity; Voyager has a lot of plot holes and inconsistencies. It is also far removed from the Star Trek we know, being that it takes place in the Delta Quadrant. It's refreshing on one end, but underwhelming on the other. Some of the aliens are really dumb. A few episodes are really bad and at no point do you ever feel fully invested in the story or characters, except for a few here and there. I really like Neelix, Tuvok, the Doctor, Chakotay, and Kess. It has a great premise, but you never really feel any sense of direction from the series. It's just feels like season after season of aimless wandering. I can enjoy Voyager, but the original series, the Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Discovery all run circles around it.

• Jolene
      4 weeks agoReport

One of the worst episodes of Trek came out of Voyager..."Threshold".

I did not enjoy Voyager. I agree that the writing was especially uninspired. It's a shame after Deep Space 9 and Next Generation were so successful and good.

• John

Star trek lost it when the actors(esses) became too focused on themselves. 

The oringinals did that to a point but they were old school.

Ummm...hello I'm not interested in YOUR 'interpretation' of "the galactic empire'.

What I'm interested in is visualised theory in action.

Like in " Spock must die" where he converts a shuttle engine like an old school Indy 500 winner!

Why Spock didn't conquor and take over I'll never know all those tasty babettes he could've 'held prisoner'!

Visuals get the moon race won your "psychological theories" of "behaviourisim" of "non existing people" are too far gone in self worship and self idealism to even inspire me to remember a "new star trek" even exists.

Kirk already won! He beat that org.

Never saw it. Don’t like it.

IMHO, every Star Trek series has been worse and less imaginative than the last.  TOS was my favorite followed by TNG followed by DS9.  By the time Voyager came along I'd stopped watching regularly.  I've only seen a couple episodes, so my passing judgement probably isn't fair, but I was extremely unimpressed and uninterested in any of the characters.  I mean, 7 of 9 was SO hot, but porn is on the internet, so I don't need it in my Trek.

I kind of liked it. I agree that it is not great, and I can't stand Janeway's acting, but I liked the premise of them trying to get home. It struck me very much like the Odyssey. I also liked that the format forced them to do different things. It wasn't so much a rehash, and was unique. DS9 sort of did that too, but it had a kind of cheesy Love Boat feel to it. Granted I haven't watched it since it came out, so it could be unwatchable now, hard to say. I was all down for Discovery in the beginning, but it just slid off the rails into crap.

Meh, it was ok

• I enjoy most if Star Trek but I'm still not sure if I like the direction it seems to be going in. I think it has lost something or is in the process of losing a major part of it's identity... 

I watched the first season or so.  It wasn't as good as DS9, but was better than TNG.  I quit when they introduced 7 of 9.  They made it pretty clear at that point that they didn't care about women audience members.

• EddieJ

It was on for 7 seasons, so, people liked it.

I don't watch shows again -- because there are always other, newer, shows to watch.

Yes ! Seven of Nine is HOT !