Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

which date of intercourse would be more accurate?

My best friends baby was born June 13th and she has intercourse on both August 31st and then September 28th. I know its messy, but Im trying to be a help to her without judging. She is going to get a DNA test, but in the mean time I an trying to help ease her mind. Thank you and feel free to judge bc I know its coming.

The doctors will know, because they can probably tell if the baby has symptoms

of being a little premature, or if the baby has come late. It would help if we knew

when her cycle was.

Reading the comments, I gathered more information about your friend's situation. There would not be 4 days of implantation bleeding on September 14th,  two weeks past her August 31st sexual encounter, therefore I would eliminate the man she had sex with in August as baby daddy.

The window of fertility is two weeks after a period begins. She had her period, be it a light one, On September 14th, which would mean she would be fertile 2 weeks later, exactly the day she had sex on September 28th. Therefore, taking all of this information and facts into account, the baby daddy is the September dude.

• edward

I would say likely September, end of September to mid june is almost 40 weeks

August much more likely.

And you as the friend know these details.

Four days of bleeding is not implantation.

• brittany4 weeks agoReport

okay great!!!! Thank you

• MissA

Literally the only dates she has for this pregnancy are the birth and the two possible dates of conception? Like she never got a dating ultrasound or noted when she had her last menstrual period or anything?

Or a DNA test at any point in the last six months? Girl doesn't seem too effective at life.

The second guy is more likely. Conception on August 31 would be a very late baby being born on June 13.

• brittany4 weeks agoReport

yeah I think you are right!!

• Robin

how can i know without knowing her cycle

• Edna
      4 weeks agoReport

Implantation bleeding is VERY uncommon - some doctors doubt that it even exists. It's not "bleeding" (as what you expect to see in a menstrual period). It's one day of random, light-pink spotting, that you might not even notice.  

Well unless the baby were born slightly prematurely, Sep 28th to Jun 13th is about 8.5 months, whereas Aug 31st to Jun 13th is about 9.5 months. So the more likely date of conception is Aug 31. I assume she had sex 1 month apart with two different men?