Hearing Louder in one ear than the other?

I’m hearing not hugely, but noticeably more out of my left than my right ear, I’m only 16 and haven’t done anything that would seriously damage my hearing, I practice with my band every week but we don’t play ridiculously and I wear ear protection for the entirety of our sessions, wondering what could be causing thus and if I should seek medical attention?

Sometimes we get impacted ear wax.  This isn't because you don't have good hygiene.  Some ears just produce a lot of wax.  I'd start here since it's a common problem and you and your parents can probably deal with it for $10 at home.

Do NOT push a Q-tip or cotton swap down your ear canal.  You could damage your ear drum and just jam the wax in further.  There are ear wax removal kits that you or your parents can purchase at a drug store like Walgreens or CVS.  The usually contain some drops you put in your ear and then use warm water and a bulb syringe that helps you GENTLY flush your ear (and the wax) out.  This won't hurt your if done correctly and is cheaper than seeing a doctor.  Your family doctor or an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist can also perform this in their office.The other option is some kind of hearing loss.  To figure that out you need your parents to book you with an ENT or otolaryngologist or audiologist who can examine your ear and also perform a hearing test.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSraQyM8FPUhttps

Youtube thumbnail

://www.walgreens.com/store/c/debrox-earwax-removal-kit/ID=prod6191620-product 

• Edwena

Your ear is full of trash. Get an ear cleaner kit at the drugstore and wash out your ears. If that doesn't work go to a medical clinic and ask them to wash out your ears. You would be surprised at the amount of trash in you ears. Big spoonful.

• Edwena
      1 month agoReport

and don't move for about 5 minutes. Then you do the other ear.  You will need some paper towels.  Then you go to the sink, get a cup of warm water, fill the wash bulb full of water and gently squirt it in to your ear. It should wash everything out.  After a few days you do it again.