promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Savannah asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Does it look strange to only wear one shade of eyeshadow?

My sister said it's strange to only wear one shade of eyeshadow on your eyes but I want to know other's opinions on this.

Update:

Actually, I never said that anybody was correct or wrong. I just wanted opinions from others.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope! I do this, I think it’s good to do this especially if you where make up everyday because it makes it more natural rather than having a different eyeshadow every day. Is the eyeshadow a bold color like a hot pink or green or something? If so.. that may be a bit much. But if it is a neutral color like a light blush pink, a light blue or something like this than it should be fine.

• Savannah
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

No, I usually do not wear bold colors on my eyes and I always wear light colors and neutral colors.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I wear 3 different shades in the brown/taupe/beige family. That's pretty standard. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I was never a fan of bright colors, like blue.  I wore (neutral) earth tones every day, and only changed it up for special occasions.  

I know someone who matches her makeup to her clothes EVERY single day - she applies it flawlessly like a makeup artist.  Sometimes it's a bit much - but that's her style and she pulls it off effortlessly.  (But sometimes I look at the colors and think "that was a mistake."  However, she is such a confident person - she doesn't care what I, or anyone else thinks - and I say "Good for her!")

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's not strange if you don't wear a ton of makeup or are going for a simple, natural look.  However, most girls/women prefer to using eyeshadow as shading and contouring and therefore use different shades to accomplish the looks they are going for.  So your sister is neither right nor wrong.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Blending with 2-3 colors always looks nice and gives more depth, sure. Straight black or pale colors look best as a single color on the lids, to me. I'm also a child of the 90's when this was in. My makeup expertise hasn't really expanded too much beyond that. I don't get the whole 18 colors on your eyes at one time, countering, wearing 20 kinds of makeup on your face to achieve ONE look.

• Savannah
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Thank you for your answer and I agree with you :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.