promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 3 months ago

Toilet fills with water and drains but doesn't flush?

I threw some paper towels in the toilet and clogged it. I managed to get the toilet to flush with a plunger. But now when I try to test the flushing again (toilet bowl has nothing in it but water), the bowl just fills with water and drains slowly instead of actually flushing. The tank refills with water after I try to flush. What could be causing this and how can I fix it?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The paper towels don't dissolve as easy as toilet paper and get stuck in the plumbing.Try snaking it out.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

It is still clogged.  Now it needs to be snaked out.  Meaning you got to call a plumber @ $125 for a house call.  Tell him over the phone exactly what you put in so he knows what he needs to bring.   Have CASH ready. Basically you made it costly for YOURSELF.No paper towels, no newspapers, no garbage, no rabbits, no cats, no guinea pigs no fish - just what comes out your butt and pee hole.  Barf is allowed too.  Some toilet paper is acceptable.- for years of trouble free use. Uneaten food goes into the garbage can.

. Draino won't touch it. it is in the pipes.

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

check the FLAPPER  its not sealing 

• 3 months ago

those paper towels became waterlogged and swelled up -- your drain is clogged. it needs either to be snaked out, or use lots of patience and about three cans of drano -- including letting it stand overnight. ps: turn water off and flush [let it drain] then add the drano and let stand

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • A
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

paper towels are still stuck in the toilet

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You shifted the clog but didn't clear it.  You'll need to plunge some more or get an auger and snake out the clog that way.

What could be causing this?  You already know: paper towels.

That was a careless, foolish thing to do.  Don't do that again.

• 3 months ago

It appears the clog is further down the line.  You need a Snake to clean it out and then your toilet will flush just fine.  Next time, toss paper towels in the trash.

• 3 months ago

The drain is still clogged.

• 3 months ago

the pipe is blocked and you cannot fix that . A plumber can fix that

• Droopy
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Its still partially clogged.  need to plunge more let it sit for while an flush it.  most the time a partially clog will break loose.  at worst u might have to remove toilet but very doubtful. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.