I’m moving to florida, but i’m going to fly there. my question is , is my makeup allowed to come with ?

I know makeup is limited when you take in your personal bag or carry on. But what about checked luggage ? can i take whatever amount i want. or am i better off mailing all my makeup to my house in florida. ?? pls help i’m going crazy over this😂

• drip

You can pack it all in your checked luggage. 

• MS

You can pack as many liquid/gel items as you want in your checked baggage, and the size of the containers doesn't matter there either.  Just be aware of the weight of your bag, because you'll be charged an extra fee if it weighs more than the airline allows.

The limits for carry on bags are for liquids and gels.  

There is no limit for your checked luggage. 

www.tsa.gov

You probably have to pay a lot for more than one checked bag so consider mailing most of your stuff.

Are you only moving with the luggage you can carry on the plane or are you shipping some things through a moving company?  But there isn't any restrictions for checked luggage 

The TSA does not impose any restrictions on liquids/gels/creams in checked luggage. Those are what they are restricting, not 'makeup'. You can fill your suitcase with makeup that isn't a liquid, cream or gel, like perhaps eyeliner pencils or powder, as far as the TSA is concerned. The airline might have limits on the size of containers or the total amount of liquid you may take in checked luggage. Its website will have that information.

If you put liquids, creams, or gels in checked luggage, I advise making sure the tops are screwed on tight, and double-bag everything in plastic bags that are tightly shut. The pressure and temperature changes that stuff in the cargo hold is subject to can make many containers leak. I'd do the same if you mail it, as it may go by plane then too.

What does your airline charge for added luggage, and what are their regulations about such luggage ?

Hint: Ask THEM.

In general, you're better off shipping such excess baggage.

• jelica4 weeks agoReport

Thought i would ask here to see if anyone has had experience... but thanks for ur answer:)

• Carson

Pack it and ship it.

• jelica4 weeks agoReport

thank you!