I want to interview a nurse working in a retirement home for a school project. Any ideas on how to get in contact with someone?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm doing a year long project for my Biomedical interventions class on stress in the nursing field. This my final grade for this class. I've talked to other types of nurses already but I haven't been able to get in contact with a nurse working in a retirement home. I've tried contacting retirement facilities but they either don't respond or are unable to help me. Any ideas on how to find someone to interview. 

Go to, a Retirement home, and ask a nurse.

Visit some nursing homes?

• Cu Tie

This Saturday, wear your sneakers and drive to a nearby retirement home. Go up to a receptionist and say that you are doing a senior project for your high school class, and that one of the requirements is interviewing a nurse at a retirement home.

Do you know anyone who works in one or who has a loved one living in one?   You will probably need a personal connection or personal introduction to make this happen. 

Try the placement office of the local nursing school to see if they have suggestions, perhaps graduates they placed in nursing homes. "Retirement homes," which are housing for independent living for seniors, do not have nurses on staff. You'd be looking for nursing homes, rehabilitation centers.

"Assisted-living facilities" generally only provide some household help and/or a part-time aide - someone who comes in perhaps daily or weekly. They may or may not have an actual nurse on staff, but if so, it's likely a supervisory role, overseeing the aides.

• drip

I doubt they have the time or energy to do this. 

Your best bet is to network.  Ask all your friend co-workers, neighbors and families if they have a friend that is a nurse in a retirement home. 

I worked as a nurse in nursing homes for many years. I've been retired since 2000, but I doubt they have changed very much.