Were we doing something wrong with our boss?

I work in an office with 12 other women. We are all single or divorced. Our boss Bill is a 29 year old great looking single guy. Besides being our boss Bill is a good friend to all of us and just a fun person to be around. Instead of not wanting to come to work, we all enjoy our job mostly because of Bill.

One day at a staff meeting one of us asked Bill, “how do I find someone rich to marry?” Bill said I don’t know but if you find out, please let me know how to do it. Another one of us said, “Does that mean you would marry me if I was rich”? Bill said “if your are rich, please answer 2 questions for me. “What is your ring size and where will we go on our honeymoon”. To which she replied “That is the first marriage proposal I have ever had”. We ALL had a GOOD LAUGH at that conversation.

Later talking to other employees about this, they told us we should not be talking to our boss like this. It shows disrespect to our boss. We thought we were just having fun.

What do you think? Were we doing something wrong with our boss?

• Carson
    Favorite Answer

You were in a break having a light adult conversation.

You will find, as you go through life, some ppl just have a stick up their azz.