Mike asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Why does every marine I’ve EVER met announce that they were once a marine every chance they get?

Every marine I’ve EVER met announces they were once a marine every chance they get. It's like they are brainwashed into it. Bumper stickers, hats, tee shirts, "Hello, my name is ____, I WAS a marine.” They can’t help themselves.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Because becoming a Marine is a significant life achievement while you and the other whiners have only had empty, purposeless lives.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yeah, you never see people who did not serve ever say I WAS A COWARD.

• You’re ridiculous.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

because being a marine is the biggest achievement in their life

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

to convince themselves that they are important when they are Not

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

So you know what to expect, now get over it.

• GTB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They are proud of their branch of service and their membership therein. This is not all that bad. Keep in mind there are people in other fields that are very much the same. Most Ivy League attendees want you to know they were Ivy League for at least some of their College Career and hasten to let you know that as well.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That isn't true, stolen valors are probably going to do that more than actual marines and serving in the marines is something to be proud of so it is reasonable for them to wear marine hats and have marine tee shirts.

• 1 month ago

Because we're proud we earned that title. And we'll be Marines until the day we die.

• you never served I had to explain to you what an IED was

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.