Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Who is worse for America? Bernie Sanders or Alexandria Cortez ? ?

Favorite Answer

considering AOC isnt running for president right now, I would have to say the communist bernie sanders

Sanders will be somewhat ineffectual because he certainly will be unable to get a majority of the American vote. We are not socialist enough yet.

• Robin

poor geography education

I think Sanders is worse.  While I appreciate his determination and adherence to his principles it doesn't seem like he's really, in all these years, come up with a plan to implement these really good ideas.  His primary argument has always been that if you inspire the population then they will press the issues that he advocates, and/or elect more progressive candidates, but he doesn't seem to put much value in incremental advancement and seems dismissive of counter arguments which just exacerbates gridlock in my opinion.

Cortez I think is more open minded and pragmatic.  Although she is probably also more polarizing, I think most of that is not her doing.  I think she has been identified by the Republicans as a serious political threat and like Pelosi and Clinton and Obama before her has enjoyed almost obsessive attention because of that from conservative media and pundits. 

If you actually listen to Cortez she comes across as extremely bright and motivated, somewhat idealistic but I think that's something lacking in Washington, and she's willing to put in the work to research and adjust her positions and focused on being a good congresswoman and fighting for the things that got her elected.  

The question of course is phrased idiotically, they are both good Americans and good for America in my opinion.  I wish we had more Cortez's, progressive, moderate and conservative.     

Sanders has ,arguably, a good set of  policy proposals 

Cortez doesn't , just an axe to grind .

• hoarseman
      1 month agoReport

So you're supporting what I said --she has a "wish list" , grown out of her anger towards the inequalities she perceives in society , rather than a doable , "realistic" policy programme .

• Mark

Neither.

I find it interesting how in real life people say "what kind of cake do you like the most?", but on the Internet it's "what kind of cake do you HATE the most?"  Your "question" is indicative of this.

America's downfall is happening because of how easily the masses are manipulated and misled. People need to educate themselves, stop believing utter nonsense because it lines up with their world view, be skeptical about ALL information from ALL sides while reading as much as possible from as many sources as possible. In other words, we need to stop being stupid. Based on that, I'm pretty sure we are screwed.

• Kathy

Actually Trump is worse than those 2 people combined.

• 1 month agoReport

you poor soul