Kishore asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Why don’t we have an age limit for old people?

You need to be 35 years old to run for President but why isn’t there a cut off for old people? 

I believe anyone over the age of 72 should not run for President.

Favorite Answer

The minimum ages for various offices were written into the constitution to ensure that people holding those offices have an appropriate level of experience and maturity.

If you can convince enough people that old people somehow lose that maturity at a certain age then you could get the constitution amended to add a maximum age.

Personally I'd rather focus on term limits for congress.

You probably believe that all old people start losing their mental facilities at a certain age. That is about the same as saying all people are mature on the day they turn 21. I could probably run circles around you, mentally.

No, but I believe that the age limit should be lowered to 14. If you can allow a senile 80 year old to vote, and I'm not saying that all 80 years olds are senile, we should allow 14 year olds to have a say in government.  They are the ones who are to face the future of climate change and national debt. 

I also believe that their should be an education requirement for voting along with a graduated vote system. If you have a grade 9 education the you get one vote. If you have a college diploma or an associate degree you get two votes.  If you have a Bachelor degree or higher from a recognized university, or if you have five years of military, fire or police service your vote counts as three votes.

• 3 weeks agoReport

wow, its a good thing we dont allow gays to vote

I will agree if you agree that a presidential candidate must be at least 55 years old.

If you have an age limit for old people, there would be no old people. 

• I dont think there should be a limit either way. It should be up to tge voters to decide whether or not an individual is ul for the job

thats stupid, there are people at 72 that can function better than some people at 30. As long as you're sane and capable you should be able to run

I actually kind of like that idea.

especially for THIS year where all the old people are CRAZY.